Honda Twins banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone, I thought I'd share my build of a 71 cb350 into a cafe. I had a build thread on a caferacer.net forum but I thought some people might be inerested here too. When I first got the bike it was set up as a pretty much stock farm dirtbike with knobbies and was in pretty rough shape. I've tried to keep it a really low budget build, so there are some kind of unusual parts on it. I stripped off a bunch of excess weight, made the seat/seat cowl by cutting up an old helmet and upholstering a piece of scrap wood from the garage. The brushed illuminum battery box covers are just cut from an old illuminum sign, the rear-set pegs are from a BMX bicycle, used sump pump hose from the boulevard that I found during clean-up week for the fork gaiters, modified a bicycle mirror to be a bar-end mirror, painted the frame with brush on tractor impliment paint, and painted the bodywork with spraypaint and some brush on enamel for the pin-up design. I also did a few other things like adding some cheap mufflers, pod filters, clubmans, sprocket change, etc.
Heres the bike as it is now:

·
Registered
3,924 Posts
LOVE the pinup girl on that tank! Although your brake side rearset concerns me as far as safety.. It doesn't appear you could hit that rear brake too fast in an emergency.. Not to mention the stability loss by removing your foot from the peg to hit the brake pedal.

GB :mrgreen:

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thanks guys. the rear brake lever was beant a little, shortened, and rewelded as a temporary solution. I'm still trying to work on developing some sort of brake linkage that can put it in the right spot. As for the carbs and Jetting with the pod filters and exhaust, it runs great without any rejetting. The mufflers were only $18.00 bucks and and actually sound pretty decent -loud though. I'll try to get some updated pics outside soon.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts