Honda Twins banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A guy from my school dug a sidecar out of his garage and I could not pass it up. I am due for a trip to Smoke Out in Rockingham come June and I would really like to take my pup, so this seemed like the perfect opportunity. Its needs work but not much. I'm just about done with the motor work on the bike (today) and then its just technicalities from there and we'll be rolling down the road.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
i can't seem to get a picture of it up though so you can't really get the feel of how bad ass it is. wasted time

·
Registered
275 Posts
Woody32 said:
A guy from my school dug a sidecar out of his garage and I could not pass it up. I am due for a trip to Smoke Out in Rockingham come June and I would really like to take my pup, so this seemed like the perfect opportunity. Its needs work but not much. I'm just about done with the motor work on the bike (today) and then its just technicalities from there and we'll be rolling down the road.

Good luck!
Technicalities-- only technicalities? That's what I said-- a year ago!! :(

Keep at it-- I got to see this!

·
Registered
63 Posts
i too am atwitter with anticipation of the photos..

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
here goes i'm gonna try again. the technicalities are what kills everything. like getting these damn pictures up. hold your excitement, i must warn you i am building a rat cb350, its intentionally barbaric, so its nothing classy, but it sure is wicked

Attachments

·
Sensei
27,183 Posts
It certainly is wild looking!....... :shock:
:D Steve

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
thanks steve. wild is the goal here. i finally got the motor in the frame and it changes the whole feel completely. the side car makes kicking the bike over a little tricky, probably wont be able to cut the starter now like i wanted, but its tit for tat

·
Registered
63 Posts
that is one sweet car! how do bikes handle with one i wonder? in cali, with a side car, it is a "two-axle vehicle" so a class c will git her done.

·
Sensei
27,183 Posts
mordantly said:
that is one sweet car! how do bikes handle with one i wonder? in cali, with a side car, it is a "two-axle vehicle" so a class c will git her done.
HUH?... Almost all motorcycles have two axles....With a sidecar, that has three?????

·
Registered
63 Posts
i dunno.. in driver ed back in '98 the teacher called it a "two axle," i can't remember his reason for two vs three. here is the vehicle code section, as i was clearly lied to.

CA VC 12804.9(b)(3)(D)

A three-axle vehicle weighing 6,000 pounds gross or less.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
the handleing takes a minute or two to get used to. i have only ridden one once before and it took me w while to stop trying to lean. its a trip. i used to live in cali, is it still less than 200cc no motorcycle license needed too?

·
Registered
63 Posts
interesting..... under 150cc is an M2, over is M1, under 250cc: NOT freeway legal.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts