Honda Twins banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

First time working on an older Honda for me. Have been trying to get it running, wouldn't start until I cleaned the carbs but it didn't run well (Maybe only on one cylinder) and soon it dies and refuses to start. Sooty plugs so running rich and seems to be flooding?
Have yet to check compression, spark gaps and timing. Will do that asap.

When I was clean out the carbies I found that one of the needle housings(?) were considerably worn. (see attached) IMG_0976.jpg

I'm wondering how much of an issue the worn needle housing is and how to go about replacing it?

Cheers

·
Premium Member
24,208 Posts
That's the float seat and worn like that I'd expect the float needle to be sticking open or closed, neither one is good. It's pressed into the body. If you can find a new one, maybe CMSNL will have it, you can drill it out or heat the body while using a large screw extractor. Worse case scenario would be get another carb.

·
Registered
729 Posts
Do you have access to a lathe ?? There must be some spare carbs in new zealand, else mail order from else where. Do not think that that part was a separate item ?

I would avoid heat as other parts are pressed/shrunk in..........nylon or similar throttle spindle bearings ???

1 - 4 of 4 Posts