Honda Twins banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, Can someone help me please.
Does anyone have a spare cylinder head to hand and is willing to give me its height measurement?

I've had mine skimmed to remedy some damage, previously to that I had problems with tappet clearance and this is going to make things worse, so I'm planning on using a thicker base gasket to compensate for lost material.

·
Super Moderator
5,926 Posts
Hi, Can someone help me please.
Does anyone have a spare cylinder head to hand and is willing to give me its height measurement?

I've had mine skimmed to remedy some damage, previously to that I had problems with tappet clearance and this is going to make things worse, so I'm planning on using a thicker base gasket to compensate for lost material.
Head skimming has no effect on tappet clearance on an ohc engine. It will effect cam timing though. Pushrod engines have issues with head skimming, but cb250 is not pushrod.

Sent from my SM-T800 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Head skimming has no effect on tappet clearance on an ohc engine. It will effect cam timing though. Pushrod engines have issues with head skimming, but cb250 is not pushrod.

Of course you are right, what i should have said that i have previously removed a couple of thou from the top of the cylinder head some time ago to remedy excessive tappet clearance... my mistake.
So, now with the skim on the combustion side of the head to remedy some distortion, I'm missing some material, so a measurement from someone would be helpful.
thanks

·
Registered
522 Posts

Of course you are right, what i should have said that i have previously removed a couple of thou from the top of the cylinder head some time ago to remedy excessive tappet clearance... my mistake.
So, now with the skim on the combustion side of the head to remedy some distortion, I'm missing some material, so a measurement from someone would be helpful.
thanks
I can measure it for you over the weekend.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.