Honda Twins banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys, does anyone know what compression readings i should be getting from a healthy CB250K?

I see it appears that about 170psi is correct for the 350, is this correct and is it different for the 250?

I warmed the bike up for about 10mins, then removed the plug, fitted the tester, opened throttle full and gave it 4 or 5 decent kicks (starter not working). Was getting anywhere between 100 and 125 psi both sides. It sounds like this could be low?

Cheers

·
Registered
13,085 Posts
Did you continue to kick until the readings were maxxed out? There is no minimum or maximum number of kicks, just the max reading from each cylinder to be as accurate as possible. 125 is low but if they're both equal it would run okay, just not have as much power as it should. anything significantly lower and it won't run properly and would need the top end rebuilt for whatever is wrong

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks, you know what, no i didn't. I just kicked and read the reading. I best try again tomorrow, and kick until max'd out. but if anyone can tell me what ballpark it should be in also, that'll help me know where its at.
Cheers

1 - 3 of 3 Posts