Honda Twins banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys, just finished the rebuild on a 1968 CB250, fitted many new parts and got it running. It runs nicely but there's a bad flat spot between 4500 and 5500 rpm. In the lower gears it will pull through it and up to the redline but once in 4th or top it doesn't have the power to get past it. It feels like carburation but I've cleaned the carbs more than once, and can't see anything faulty. I'd appreciate your thoughts!

·
Premium Member
10,203 Posts
Also helps to know a little about you:

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for your quick response, it's all standard, old but clean air filters and new exhausts from David Silver (I'm in UK)

·
Registered
13,085 Posts
Thanks for your quick response, it's all standard, old but clean air filters and new exhausts from David Silver (I'm in UK)
I apparently missed the fact that you have not properly introduced yourself - a rare one to get by me. Please check your Conversations and take care of that for us.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi guys, just finished the rebuild on a 1968 CB250, fitted many new parts and got it running. It runs nicely but there's a bad flat spot between 4500 and 5500 rpm. In the lower gears it will pull through it and up to the redline but once in 4th or top it doesn't have the power to get past it. It feels like carburation but I've cleaned the carbs more than once, and can't see anything faulty. I'd appreciate your thoughts!
Did you manage to sort this issue? I am having the same and the garage are scratching their heads too. Hits a flat spot but it can pull through eventually. Not ideal when you are pulling out of junctions etc, so not able to ride in this beautiful weather.

New Honda owner in the UK.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts