Honda Twins banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
in my search to find a reason why my bike has a very slow oil leak, i discovered that there's no oil filter in it! awesome!! i'm looking all over the internet for one as best as i can but haven't been having luck. i'm used to searching for car parts and know all the places to look but i'm new to bikes.

another thing is that i can't find a parts book for the bike. i've got the shop manual downloaded and a clymer book bought from amazon is on its way to my house. if i had part numbers it would help, i think. does anyone know if the oil filter from another bike is compatible (aside from the CL200, which i'm sure would work, but i can't find any)? i'm sure there's some crossover here. searching this forum hasn't yielded an answer. any input would be greatly appreciated. thanks in advance.

·
Sensei
27,182 Posts
There IS NO media filter, it is a centrifugal assembly and has all metal parts..It is actually a "separator" rather than a filter..... If that were not in the engine, it would have recieved no oiling to the gears or top end and would hve blown up after only a few minutes of running......

·
Registered
6,495 Posts
There is no oil filter, as you're used to thinking of it.
The oil "filter" is actually a centrifugal spinner-basket thingie on the right end of the crankshaft.
On a CB200 you need to remove the right engine cover to get at it.

I just use the on-line fiches anymore, instead of parts manuals.
I like the setup here myself - http://www.crotchrocket.com/pages/parts/viewbybrand/7/Honda.aspx

The "basket" (#4) is unique to CB200, but the removable cap (#5) is shared with CB175 and CB160.
Neither part has been available for years.
But yours is probably still in there, it's just a pain in the butt to get to it.

Incidentally, please add your year/model/location to your Profile........

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thank you for the quick replies. i'm glad i found an active forum.

OK, so i've got quiiiiiiiite a bit of learning to do; and i still need to figure out why this thing is leaking.

thanks again.

edit: about year/model/location. my location is in my profile, and i didn't see any appropriate place for listing the bike. what's the normal way to do that around here? put it in my sig?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts