Honda Twins banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have a cable operated front caliper that is in good shape. I need of a new one in a bad way. Well not new, but you know what I mean.

Badger 5

·
Sensei
27,161 Posts
No, BUT I do have a small hydraulic set-up (master, hose and caliper) that could be fitted with a little work.....( I was going to use it on my 90cc, C-200)....Cheap!.....

·
Sensei
27,161 Posts
I recommend the upgrade to small hydraulic units....Usually this only involves fabricating a bracket to mount them to your forks.....(usually a flat plate with 4 holes)
They are/were originally found on the "Chinese moped/scooters" and work out fairly well, although you DO have to take the width of the Honda rotor into consideration when choosing the caliper (the scooters run thinner rotors and some calipers won't "open" wide enough).....
Pics below are some examples of components.....

ABS components are available if you wish to add them.... Steve

·
Registered
125 Posts
thanks Sprint!

Hey, do you know a brand model caliper that will fit the rotor? Or do you still have one you want to sell?

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I ended up finding one on ebay. Took it out and inspected it and it looked brand new on the inside. Everything was in perfect shape. I lubed it up and slapped it on. After a little adjusting the thing stops like a dream. I am finally able to get the CB200 on the road and every time I ride it I can't wipe the smile off my face. Love that little gal.

Badger 5

·
Registered
6,495 Posts
Badger 5 said:
I ended up finding one on ebay. Took it out and inspected it and it looked brand new on the inside. Everything was in perfect shape. I lubed it up and slapped it on. After a little adjusting the thing stops like a dream. I am finally able to get the CB200 on the road and every time I ride it I can't wipe the smile off my face. Love that little gal.

Badger 5
Once I rebuilt it, I never had any complaints about the brakes on my CB200 either.
Stops real good.....

·
Registered
125 Posts
Hey, how do you get the cable off the caliper end? Is the end supposed to slide forward and then that slotted holder slides out the bracket?

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yes. You have to push the cable down and then line up the pin and slide it out of that bracket.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts