Honda Twins banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys as the title states my current bike but I know later model CB340/450 also have this style switch and just need to know where the connectors attach on the main harness. I've dug and found photos of how it installs into the brake lever, but having a hard time locating photos/videos of where it installs in the main harness. I see that it routes through the headlight bucket, do I look for a green and brown unused connectors? The bike was missing the switch due to previous mechanic not reinstalling the switch so I have nothing to reference to.

TIA IMG_4479.jpg IMG_4479.jpg

·
Premium Member
2,942 Posts
This is where reading a wiring diagram is helpful, as found in the back of the user and workshop manuals, not often seen on U tube ..

Stop switch has a black wire and a green/yellow wire.

Black connects to spare black connector, which is a switched live. The green/yellow connects to a spare green/yellow connector, which is the feed to the rear brake light.

It would be all too easy to connect the green/yellow into a spare green ( ground ) connector, and wonder why the main fuse blew every time you braked.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts