Honda Twins banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

I recently purchased a 75 CB200T. I have put about 100 miles on it so far. It recently started blowing the main 15a fuse and i am not sure what to do next. I have replaced the fuse with a brand new one and cleaned the connections but it still blows the fuse when I turn the key on. It blows red hot, then sparks white and kills all lights. I know fuses blow because of shorts, but my knowledge is limited on that subject. I look forward to going back to riding, if only the bike would work.

Thanks

·
Premium Member
10,203 Posts
First ensure that you are using the proper metric fuses. SAE fuses will kinda fit, but not quite.

Motorcycle electrical systems consist pretty much of the ignition system and the lighting system. Well, there is the horn, but I don't think that's your problem.

Disconnect the coils and the headlight. Turn the switch on. If the fuse doesn't blow the problem is in one of those systems.

Connect the coils. If the fuse blows you've found your problem. If not, connect the headlight. If neither of these identifies the source of your problems come on back and we'll dig deeper.

Welcome to the group. We'd appreciate a post in the member introductions section, especially one with pictures!:p

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks!! I just solved the problem! The p.o. wired a doorbell switch as a starter button and the two connectors were grounded to the bars! Duh! Felt kinda stupid after tearing the bike apart. I will definitely post in the introductions soon, this place has been a lot of help so far.

Best Wishes,

Evan

Edit: Starter switch rebuild kit is in the mail

1 - 3 of 3 Posts