Honda Twins banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Need a tip. If you're familiar with the CB200 you know its got the head where the valve springs are only accessible through the tappet holes. I managed to get the valves out with a typical C-clamp compressor but I cannot re-install them as the compressor ends up hitting the tappet hole and compresses the spring unevenly. Any tips? or is there another tool I can get to help?

HELP!! :roll:

·
Sensei
27,180 Posts
I put the valve springs on my 175's (pretty much the same engine) with one pair of needle nose pliers to push the cap/cup down and another pair to drop the split keepers in... I put the head on a bundled/bunched-up shop-rag on my knee to hold the valve up..... I have been told an automotive brake-shoe spring tool works too.....

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Wow, you must be a brute. those things are tough to compress by hand. I may give that a try first though. I had a suggestion of taking a short section of 1/2" copper pipe with and access notch cut out of it to act as an extender for the C-clamp. I'll see what works. thanks for the tip!

·
Sensei
27,180 Posts
That sounds like a reasonable option.... (or a cut-out socket).... I'm just used to my press and pry method....Did I mention they are modified 90 degree "bent" needle nose pliers to press it down with?...... Oops!..... :oops:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts