Honda Twins banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone,
This may have been addressed else where but I couldn't find any threads.

I am swapping out the stock shocks on a CB200 for a set of Hagons I was gifted. They didn't come with bushings (top or bottom). I am on the hunt for replacements and can't find anything to match up. The biggest concern is the lower bushings. Stock they measure 19mm width x 20mm OD x 8mm ID however the Hagon bolt is 10mm thus won't fit.

I tried bushings from a CB360 but their OD is 22mm. I read of people boring out the inner steel collar and inserting a 10mm one but that seams excessive. Surely there is an aftermarket bushing manufacture, right?

Has anyone faced this dilemma? And can you offer some guidance?

Much appreciated,
Dominic

·
Registered
86 Posts
Resurrecting from the dead, because I am in the same boat, so sue me. Anyone have any suggestions?

·
Registered
31 Posts
Hi everyone,
This may have been addressed else where but I couldn't find any threads.

I am swapping out the stock shocks on a CB200 for a set of Hagons I was gifted. They didn't come with bushings (top or bottom). I am on the hunt for replacements and can't find anything to match up. The biggest concern is the lower bushings. Stock they measure 19mm width x 20mm OD x 8mm ID however the Hagon bolt is 10mm thus won't fit.

I tried bushings from a CB360 but their OD is 22mm. I read of people boring out the inner steel collar and inserting a 10mm one but that seams excessive. Surely there is an aftermarket bushing manufacture, right?

Has anyone faced this dilemma? And can you offer some guidance?

Much appreciated,
Dominic
Hello.
Recently. I found the standard shocks on my 175k6 had become all but useless. So replaced them with TEC shock for the CB250.
Anyway. I encountered the same problem as you guys.
Very easily overcome. I drilled out the
8mm inner sleeve. Actually. When the drill bit bites. The heat generated melts the bonding & the sleeve spins with the bit. And out they came.
Then found some thin walled tube. With a 10mm ID. Cut to length & pushed into the remaining rubber.
Job done in 30mins.works fine.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Hello.
Recently. I found the standard shocks on my 175k6 had become all but useless. So replaced them with TEC shock for the CB250.
Anyway. I encountered the same problem as you guys.
Very easily overcome. I drilled out the
8mm inner sleeve. Actually. When the drill bit bites. The heat generated melts the bonding & the sleeve spins with the bit. And out they came.
Then found some thin walled tube. With a 10mm ID. Cut to length & pushed into the remaining rubber.
Job done in 30mins.works fine.
I forgot to mention. The top bushes.
I just swopped them from the original. To the new ones. Same OD different ID. Fit perfect in my case.

·
Premium Member
2,990 Posts
Serendipity !

I fitted TEC CB250 shocks to my CB175, and did exactly the same as Hustler did. Needed to source some M10 bolts with the correct thread pitch for the TEC shocks.

I also swapped the 250 springs for my good condition 175 springs, and fitted some black plastic waste pipe over the damper tubes, for the original look.

Reactions: 83XLX

·
Registered
31 Posts
Certainly made a huge difference to the bike. I didn't change the springs.
But I do prefer a stiffer set up. Great value for money too.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Serendipity !

I fitted TEC CB250 shocks to my CB175, and did exactly the same as Hustler did. Needed to source some M10 bolts with the correct thread pitch for the TEC shocks.

I also swapped the 250 springs for my good condition 175 springs, and fitted some black plastic waste pipe over the damper tubes, for the original look.

View attachment 307991
Beautiful bike Richard! Off topic but was that helmet lock come stock on that frame or was it installed? Would love to put one on my CB175K4 frame.

·
Premium Member
2,990 Posts
Wouldn't work on the K4 frame anyway, with its rear hinged non lockable seat.

On the K6 frame, the side hinged seat traps the helmet strap in the hook when the seat is closed and locked shut. Not that I'd ever use it, too many comedians about, thinking aftermarket hair care products.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts