Honda Twins banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am seeing and hearing SO much misinformation on the sizes that can fit on the wheels of the CB200. What is the absolute max size that fits on the rear? My 3.0 in the rear is needing to be replaced and some sources in several forums say a 100/90-18 will fit. I purchased one and it arrived, but it seems like it may be too large to go on the rear.

I am not asking to be schooled on handling, I am simply asking if the rear wheel of a CB200 will safely allow a 100/90 tire to bead up on the stock rim. If not, how would a 90/90 compare to a 3.0 on the rear? I can't seem to find any 3.25's for sale anywhere either, otherwise I'd get that.

Thanks.

·
Registered
738 Posts
I will add as an edit that I don't know if your oversize tire will fit. You may find someone who has that experience but otherwise you pays your money and takes your chances.

Honda pushed the sizing of the tires on the OE rims to begin with. Unless you have all the options in front of you to measure directly then all you are left with is speculation as each tire brand and even model will be different fitment.

I put a set of Avon Street Runner tires onto a CB175 in the OE size and was happy with their performance for the short time I had the bike.

On my CB350's I take a rear rim and lace it the front hub then put the OE tire size on. It is surprising how different the tires look and I feel it improves the handling.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That doesn't really answer my question but I do appreciate your response nonetheless. I'm not looking to swap wheels or re lace. I'll head to the local shop and ask them to get their opinion.

Trying to get a clear answer on something like this is like pulling hair (nothing against you!). I've asked in five different forums and have gotten nowhere.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I went to three different shops and nobody had a fucking clue, they all said "We can order you a 3.0 tire!!!!$$!!" even though I told them I already had a 100/90 in question.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts