Honda Twins banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,016 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Rather than hijack a couple of other threads, I thought folks might be interested in this couple of photos I took back in 2016 at the Prescott Hill Climb Bike Fest.

Allen Millyard had some of his bikes there, including this Honda SS50, fitted with a Kawasaki 250 motocross engine. I was interested in his front forks and disk brake, obviously lifted from one of the smaller Hondas, but fitted with twin pot sliding caliper, attached using his own bracket. I guess this is similar to what would be needed to attach a hydraulic caliper to a CB200.

20160417_130619.jpg

Doesn't look as though the pads sweep the disk completely.

20160417_131108.jpg

20160417_130639.jpg

·
Registered
2,475 Posts
I am sure that if I had access to a bike or front fork/wheel off one I could come up with a bracket to mount a hydraulic calliper with.
TOOLS

·
Premium Member
3,016 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The Millyard one looks much simpler, a single piece of bent metal, so far as I can see from the photos.

Looks as though it mounts through the axle at the bottom, with the top of the bracket bent to bolt onto the torque arm mount on the fork leg.

Caliper positioned behind the fork leg, as per modern practice. Std CB200 brake disk with lots of holes drilled in it.

·
Registered
441 Posts
One day, a better man than me will design one of these for a cb200 and make 20 rather than a single item. He’ll sell them all no problem, recoup his original costs and have a few bob in the bank to spare. I’m about to go back to future on mine and install a drum but I’ll keep my disk set up just in case.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts