Honda Twins banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Let’s consider that this is my first bike in a while and its a project, not the first time I dropped it. Or the last, Hahahaha.

Anyway, dropped it in the garage on my knee, had a slip, I noticed my front wheel is slightly pointed to the left, also seems the handle bars when the wheel is straight the are pointed slightly to the right,

Now I’ve put 30 miles inn it aince it’s happening happened and nothing weird has happened, it’s just not very confidence inspiring

I’ll take some pics when I get home from class,

TLDR; how do I align the front wheel, The yoke? I can’t find anything in the manual about that, do I need to get new front shocks? I doubt it

I ordered a new handle bar already even though I don’t belivee it got bent,( just for the asthetics.

I might as well service the front shocks at this time also?

·
Registered
99 Posts
Loosen the top and bottom yoke pinch bolts. Stand astride the front wheel gripping it between your legs, pull the bars until they align with the wheel, tighten pinch bolts (Slightly important!), ride into the sunset

·
Registered
3,179 Posts
Be sure to tighten triple tree pinch bolts to spec with a torque wrench. The importance of this will become apparent if you keep dropping the bike and expect to be able to ride it again afterward.

Also a heads up, don't ride at night without changing out your headlight bulb or carrying a spare.

·
Registered
1,473 Posts
I rebuilt a cb 77 flat tracker that had been dropped and had the same problem. Found the triple tree was bent. You might check it too.''

Bill

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
IMG_1705.jpg
IMG_1704.jpg
IMG_1707.jpg
IMG_1695.jpg

So I have yet to figure out more of the uploading process here for this website but.. you get the idea..

Theres a picture of the bike on the center stand as close to center as I can get with the photo, does it look like the fork is bent?

I'm confused to which the bolt on the top// bottom is

Looks like my turn signal ear also got bent, but in older photos it's also bent, probably that terrible "mechanic" i took the bike too.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts