Honda Twins banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I knew the CB200’s crankcase breather tube was too short because it ends level with the bottom of the carburettors about 5cm behind the carburettors. In that position, it spatters oil over the back of the engine, frame behind the engine, etc...

The original Honda tube is unattainable, but I have tracked down a replacement (950051100130M) which is 101 cm long.

Please can you tell me the tube's route, and/or provide a picture?

I cannot find any clues on the web, in the manuals, etc.

Incidentally, it would be nice to use the waste oil to lubricate the chain.

Thanks for your help.

·
Premium Member
2,990 Posts
It simply runs down behind the engine, emerges level with the centre stand. You can buy breather hose by the foot at most auto jumbles, along with petrol hose etc.

On my 175, there was a wire cable guide, that looked as though it held the HT leads at either end, with a space for the breather hose in the centre. I didn't refit this.

clipbreathertube_medium15772354000-01_0fcc.jpg

Personally, I wouldn't discharge it over the drive train. Unless your engine is very tired, there will be more water vapour than oil coming out of the breather, and you'll just make the chain go rusty. My bike usually leaves a small puddle on the garage floor after a run, but this has always evaporated by the next day.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts