Honda Twins banner
1 - 20 of 114 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I picked this up a few weeks ago, The plan is to get her up and running and rebuild her with a cafe racer look. The whole electrical system works, apparently the engine was running until the previous owner snapped the the top of the RH spark plug off (threads still in the head). So First thing is to get the rest of the plug out, and then overhaul the engine, get the frame stripped and painted and...

[attachment=4:3vkkjua0]small.jpg[/attachment:3vkkjua0]
[attachment=3:3vkkjua0]small2.jpg[/attachment:3vkkjua0]
[attachment=2:3vkkjua0]small3.jpg[/attachment:3vkkjua0]
[attachment=1:3vkkjua0]small4.jpg[/attachment:3vkkjua0]
[attachment=0:3vkkjua0]small5.jpg[/attachment:3vkkjua0]

Attachments

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
-
[attachment=1:eyfohbr8]small6.jpg[/attachment:eyfohbr8]
[attachment=0:eyfohbr8]small7.jpg[/attachment:eyfohbr8]

Can someone tell me what the best thing is, to use as a stand under the frame to hold up the bike whilst working on it?

Attachments

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
So I got the frame, swing arm and a whole box of bits back from being powdercoated. It looks amazing, Hard to believe it's the same frame! Engine cases are all about to be soda blasted and then I'll reassemble the engine and go from there.
[attachment=0:1d99sw1k]IMG_2081.JPG[/attachment:1d99sw1k]

I'm planning on running pod filters, I've heard that tuning can be a bit difficult. Does anyone have any tips on the ideal size of filters for a cb200 or how much adjustment they usually require?
Thanks.

Attachments

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hope mine can turn out half as good. Though I'm a little new at all this. Good work with the breakdown though.

Joe

·
Registered
272 Posts
I love the smell of fresh powdercoat in the morning.

Excellent work. I'll be looking for updates.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
The build progress is gaining momentum! More pics soon!
Does anyone know where to find clip-on handlebars that fit Cb200 forks?
31mm fork pipes
Any help would be greatly appreciated!

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
So I got my order of gaskets and rear linkage bushes ad collars etc. Fit everything together with some brand new shocks (Taiwanese and very cheap but they seem ok and look good, I guess we'll see once it's all together) and it is starting to take shape.
[attachment=0:1c7ug6jm]IMG_2093.JPG[/attachment:1c7ug6jm]

Attachments

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I bought them on trademe.co.nz They are branded MDI and are manufactured by Forza industries in Taiwan, they make a lot of vespa-style scooter shocks.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Ok, So I got the engine casings, head, valves, etc. back from being soda blasted. Amazing results, looks like new! Unfortunately the engine was painted before and sat for some time in high humidity/rain, moisture got uner the paint and corroded the casings. So I've painted the crankcase, head and will do the cylinders once i get it back from being honed/de-glazed. Hopefully the side covers will polish up ok. Got stuck into a bit of reassembly today with the handy manual! Pretty exciting![attachment=1:374tosf7]IMG_0134.JPG[/attachment:374tosf7]
[attachment=4:374tosf7]IMG_2112.JPG[/attachment:374tosf7]
[attachment=3:374tosf7]IMG_2113.JPG[/attachment:374tosf7]
[attachment=2:374tosf7]IMG_2116.JPG[/attachment:374tosf7]
[attachment=0:374tosf7]IMG_2118.JPG[/attachment:374tosf7]

Attachments

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Re: CB200 COMPLETE rebuild/restyle

So I've been doing some polishing, all of the side casings, points cover and the valve case cover. Unfortunately the wheel I've been using is way too fast, I think once it's all together I might hire/try to borrow an actual buffing machine. Got the crankcase together the other day, then today got the clutch and oil filter/pump installed. Painted the cylinders black and I'm now just waiting for my piston rings to arrive. Here are some pics of the process. Replaced all the phillips head screws with stainless hex head screws...still not sure why they were phillips to begin with?? Actually so far I've spent about $100.00 NZD on stainless nuts and bolts alone!!
I can't wait for my custom 31mm woodcraft clip-ons to arrive!!
[attachment=4:2c0rqq9c]IMG_2122.JPG[/attachment:2c0rqq9c]
[attachment=3:2c0rqq9c]IMG_2124.JPG[/attachment:2c0rqq9c]
[attachment=2:2c0rqq9c]IMG_2127.JPG[/attachment:2c0rqq9c]
[attachment=1:2c0rqq9c]IMG_2128.JPG[/attachment:2c0rqq9c]
[attachment=0:2c0rqq9c]IMG_2129.JPG[/attachment:2c0rqq9c]

Attachments

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
[attachment=4:325innmf]IMG_2130.JPG[/attachment:325innmf][attachment=3:325innmf]IMG_2131.JPG[/attachment:325innmf][attachment=2:325innmf]IMG_2133.JPG[/attachment:325innmf][attachment=1:325innmf]IMG_2135.JPG[/attachment:325innmf][attachment=0:325innmf]IMG_2136.JPG[/attachment:325innmf]

Attachments

1 - 20 of 114 Posts