Honda Twins banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have seen a few people say that they have to put their carburetor's needle clips at the very top position for the lowest needle setting. This is the most lean setting I'm referring to. I'm in the middle of working on my bike but in the past I also had to have the needle clip set in this position for it to run well. This shouldn't be the case right? All manuals I've looked at say that the middle clip setting in the standard setting. So why are some of us having to put our needles in the leanest position?

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
All carb settings are just baseline, you need them to start with so you can adjust them for your specific bike. Its why jets come in different sizes. In the 40 years since those settings were printed there have been plenty of changes to standard gas.
Thats a very good point. I'm interested to hear how many other cb200 owners have their needle clips in the leanest position.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
And actually if many cb200 owners have their needle clips in the leanest setting it makes sense that perhaps pod style air filters would make sense to use. No? Because pod filters would lean things out even more right? And therefore you would probably have room to drop the needle back down some to make things a bit more rich. I'm totally speculating and don't have a ton of experience.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts