Honda Twins banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

Registered
1974 CB200
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I thought id start a log of the build for the CB200 ive just bought. As can be seen from the pictures its in pretty bad shape and has been sat for a while but looks to be mostly complete (less the tank)

My plan is a full rebuild (obviously 馃槀 ) and to turn it into a cafe racer style. Id ideally lijke to get it running before i strip it down, so i can make a definitive list of what needs replacing. Im planning on hooking up a temporary fuel tank, fitting a new coil and plugs and an oil change and seeing if it will fire. Is there anything else i should swap out before i try to start it?

Some pictures:

Premium Member
If you go to the vintage honda twins website you'll find a checklist which answers your question above.

Just saying ...

Reactions: C2s

Registered
1974 CB200
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
A question if someone would be so kind, a new coil is on the list, but all of the coils i see listed for a cb200 have 90mm mount spacing, whereas the mounts on my frame are 100mm apart.

Are all aftermarket replacement coils the same? Can i buy any 12v coil with twin leads with the correct spacing?

Thanks
Mike

Premium Member
I just cut a small piece of aluminium plate with a couple of holes drilled in it, as photo below.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts