Honda Twins banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It's been a couple years since I've posted here last. I wanted to know if anyone has had a similar setup on their bike. I've had the motor bored out and cl pipes added. If anyone has had this configuration what jetting did you end up using? I currently have both sets of jets for a CB200 and the CL 200.

·
Super Moderator
26,108 Posts
Second overbore is not a key difference in this example....The exhaust is...... I would start two steps larger jetting (up to 38 and 100) than the stock CL set-up (one step up is strictly because of fuel quality, and the second because it's safer to be slightly too rich than too lean) .....Then read the plugs for indications of any necessary further jetting changes.......I suspect the ultimate result will be a 35 pilot and a 98 main, but better to foul plugs than scorch pistons.......

This assumes stock air cleaners and unaltered pipes.......

·
Premium Member
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well I ordered the 98 and 100 jets

I went ahead and put in the 38 and 95 since I had them. Do you think I should be able to get it to idle with that setup? Asking because if I should I can make sure I dont have any underlying issues other than jetting while I wait.

·
Premium Member
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Well I ordered the 98 and 100 jets

I went ahead and put in the 38 and 95 since I had them. Do you think I should be able to get it to idle with that setup? Asking because if I should I can make sure I don't have any underlying issues other than jetting while I wait.
I got jets in today. I put the 98 main and 35 pilot. It started right up seems pretty responsive to the idle screw. I'll get back to ya after some more fiddling.

Back again. I gave both the 98 and the 100 main a shot. I'm going to change out the pilot tomorrow.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts