Honda Twins banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After doing a compression test months to late it appears an enlgine rebuild was necessary.

I took the engine down to the cases and am now reassembing.

I have found the cases to be a little rough around the edges of the castings, espicially around the areas where the oil flows through to the sump. I am going to debur these areas and try to smooth them out a bit. Some of the burs look to be a future problem if they break off and get in to oil circulation. I am assuming this would be standard practice upon rebuild? Must have been missed by the inspectors at the Honda factory.

Does anyone know if dowel pins are considered wear items, or if they have to be replaced upon rebuild?

I just got my jugs back today from the machine shop. I am going for a re-ring so they were bead blasted and honed. One of they sleeves had slipped toward the head side on this motor (spare) so i had it pressed down and the gasket area resurfaced also.

After prepping the cases i will start re-assembling the motor. Are there any parts that need to be prelubed in the cases?

·
Sensei
27,180 Posts
I put pistons/rings in dry ...... assembly lube on cam rockers journal gears bearings (essentially if it spins, lube it).....

1 - 2 of 2 Posts