Honda Twins banner

cb175 suddenly died and won't start back up, getting fuel and spark

846 views 7 replies 4 participants last post by  66Sprint 
#1 ·
Hey guys. Last night I took a ride on my 71 cb175, which I recently did a major overhaul on, and about 10 minutes in it just cut out on me and wouldn't start back up. It felt like it was a fuel issue but I've checked petcock, lines, filters, floats, everything is in good working order. thought maybe it was the coil so I checked spark and we're good there too. I don't have any way to check compression at the moment but bike had been running very strong until now. It leaks a little oil now and then from the left side on the Honda logo, assuming it's an old gasket, but it's been like that for a while and haven't had any problems. It's got brand new carbs, good battery, good intake, kind of scared of what the problem could be at this point. any ideas? would really appreciate some advice thank you

#2 ·
any ideas? would really appreciate some advice thank you
I'm sure many here will have some ideas. And WE would appreciate you starting here before going any further

#8 ·
I don't remember ...That was a month and probably 100 phone calls ago.....
I vaguely remember one where the advance unit pin came out.......Might have been this one......Not sure......

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.