Honda Twins banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have fitted the pipes and silencers from DS and sorted out the rear shockie mounting problems on the CB175k3 with some much appreciated help from people on this forum.

I now seek more advice as yesterday I took the left hand air cleaner cover off and the foam unifilter air filter disintegrated in my hands.i did not expect this although the filter is about six years old.i have looked on CMNSL and DS, some original parts are available and some are not ,all are very expensive.

I think therefore that I will stick to foam pod filters, and wonder if anyone can recommend some good ones that will fit.

Thankyou

·
Registered
4,770 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,016 Posts
Simo, good call on that Ebay stuff !

As well as several sets of K3/K4 airfilters, Leslamo has a load of NOS Honda parts, couldn't resist buying a new old stock headlight rim for a very reasonable price.

(Advertised as CJ250, but same part number as CB175K6, probably CB200 as well )

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks Simo,

I like the look of those filters on ebay, and will go with them.i need the joining rubber tubes as well, I see DS USA has them.i have only just realised that the K3 filters are different to all the later cb175 models, so that explains why the outside plastic cover is much smaller than the later bikes.
I suppose the postal charges will be high,but never mind,thats a fact of living on the other side of the world.

Cheers Grazman

·
Premium Member
3,016 Posts
Interesting that Honda changed the air filter design so many times.

K3 filters with separate rubber intake manifolds, then the K4 ones which superficially look like the K6 ones, but are in fact different, with longer intakes and smaller filters than the K6 ones.

That said, they are possibly / probably all interchangeable, wonder if it actually makes any difference ?

I'm running CB200 air filters ( paper replaced with foam ) on my CL175K7 engine.

·
Registered
582 Posts
I have rebuilt the air filters on my 175 and my dad's 350 this way, really nice outcome and only takes a couple hours. You just need some kind of glue, I used a marine sealant.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts