Honda Twins banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I recently had my bike get hit by a car while my friend was riding it (the friend is fine).

However, the bike at least needs new forks, and maybe just a whole front end replacement.
Does anyone know whether a cb350 front end could be used on the 175? And is it a bolt-on replacement, or what?

Just trying to figure stuff out. Also, if you have parts, or know where I might find them, let me know. Thanks!

·
Sensei
27,036 Posts
It would be helpful to know your location....I should have a spare set of forks, but shipping is a pain for something that long.....
350 forks or even a complete front end is NOT a bolt-on, and they are a bit longer, but it can be done.....(steering stem swap required)......
You MAY phone 540-525-5199....Steve

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Good info, thanks guys. Steve, thanks for the help, i'll let you know if i run into any more issues. And Simo, i was reading your 175/200 build thread the other day, it was good inspiration for me (especially with riding season coming on!).

My bike is (was) in excellent stock condition, so i'm hoping to keep it that way. It's just a little frustrating trying to find NOS or like-new parts to rebuild with. I always seem to find 1971 front ends, which don't color-match my 1973. Oh well.

·
Sensei
27,036 Posts
I don't understand the "color-match" reference.....
Are the exterior (body) parts of your forks what are damaged, or are the forks themselves bent?....
They (the painted parts) do disassemble and can be swapped....

1 - 6 of 6 Posts