Honda Twins banner

21 - 23 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
A marathon tuning session this evening. I was getting muddy throttle response going into the main, lowering the needle fixed that.Final settings are; needle dropped all the way down, 42 idle, and 100 main. Switched from my two into one that was a str8 thru muffler to a 2into2 with custom mufflers. Throttle response is snappy and the sound is pleasing. The 2into1 would make some odd tones at partial throttle. I didnt get to go for a final drive, its late...i was running lean at the tail end(8k and beyond) with the two into 1, i am estimating that the baffled mufflers should put the fuel mix about right.

·
Registered
20 Posts
A marathon tuning session this evening. I was getting muddy throttle response going into the main, lowering the needle fixed that.Final settings are; needle dropped all the way down, 42 idle, and 100 main. Switched from my two into one that was a str8 thru muffler to a 2into2 with custom mufflers. Throttle response is snappy and the sound is pleasing. The 2into1 would make some odd tones at partial throttle. I didnt get to go for a final drive, its late...i was running lean at the tail end(8k and beyond) with the two into 1, i am estimating that the baffled mufflers should put the fuel mix about right.
I was very wrong i believe. I am going back to a 35 idle jet. Its the mail. Increasing size of the idle jet made it foul the plugs(and not make power).

·
Registered
17 Posts
I was very wrong i believe. I am going back to a 35 idle jet. Its the mail. Increasing size of the idle jet made it foul the plugs(and not make power).
Columbo, thank you for letting me know. I am not surprised. My bike used to run with 38 fine, but then started fouling the plugs which is what sent me down this rabbit hole. Now won't run more than a few minutes on choke and light throttle on anything. SO. I figure get it running again first than deal with fouling plugs... Keep me posted with your progress please. I think we have similar problems. I can't get back to it for a while (we're moving).

21 - 23 of 23 Posts