Honda Twins banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys - I just picked up a very rough CB125 as a project bike for the fall. There's no key and the kill switch is all corroded. I would like to test the bike for spark and am trying to figure out how to wire the bike without a key or kill switch. Can someone help me decode the wiring diagram?

The main switch is easy enough - Connect the red and black wires going into the ignition assembly.

The headlight control switch is where the diagram has me confused. What wires do I need to connect in order to have the kill switch in the Run position? Is this this (N) setting in the chart at the bottom left? (So: brown + black + yellow/white + yellow?)

My hope is to wire in a 6V so I can test for spark. I will disconnect the ignition wires as soon as I'm done so as not to kill the battery.

Text Diagram Technical drawing Circuit component Design

Land vehicle Vehicle Motorcycle Motor vehicle Car

·
Registered
4,770 Posts
To check for spark, or get the engine running but bypassing all other eletrics.....hotwire it..... Use a jump cable to wire positive battery to the black/white coil wire, and negitive battery to the frame ( a fin on the engine is how I do it) dont leave it like this without the engine running

1 - 2 of 2 Posts