Honda Twins banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, not a twin but I’m hoping someone can help. I’m in the middle of restoring a ‘71 CB100. When tearing down the first fork I undid the JIS screw at the very bottom of the fork lower. I’m used to this being part of the tear down process on these forks, but apparently it’s not necessary on these small bikes?
Anyway, I cannot for the life of me get this screw to catch and tighten. I’ve tried reassembling the fork and applying pressure to no avail. Any ideas? Not even sure what the screw is for - is it some kind of oil seal?
Motor vehicle Automotive tire Auto part Gas Rim

Automotive tire Rim Toy Gas Personal protective equipment

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The CMSNL.com parts exploded views for your bike, cb100 1971 USA, do not show that screw at all...

Your fork springs are on the outside ?

Any damper rod in the forks ?
I noticed that too, which added to my confusion. Fork springs are on the outside and there is not a damper rod in the forks. No idea what that screw is holding on too, but it's pictured in the first attached picture. When I turn the screw at the bottom of the fork lower, the circular assembly in the fork just spins. It will not catch with pressure applied to it either.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts