Honda Twins banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
3,257 Posts
Looks like fun, here in the States we only got the spoked wheels and front drum but I understand the rim sizes are still 18x1.85 and 16x2.5
I wonder if there are any other differences worth noting? Single carb correct?
Is that an electronic tachometer or is it the dummy gauge full of indicator lights like we got?

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I've not checked the wheel sizes but I expect you're right, single carb, yup, tacho is cable driven from just next to the dipstick.

·
Registered
228 Posts
I'd like to own one of all the Nighthaw models. This is one I've never even ridden. Not one I'd wanna ride a lot with about the 85MPH top speed, but would be great around town and locally.

·
Registered
3,257 Posts
I think a 550sc is in my future, maybe a lightweight build...

·
Registered
505 Posts
Oh mine is very similar! I had no idea I could lower the footrests. :-O I learn something new every day! I'm 6'-1" so sometimes I do feel like it's a tiny bit small... it's a great bike for running around town though, I love mine, it couldn't be more practical, and last fill up got me 73 mpg (which I think is like 3.2 l / 100 km), so I'm happy about that...

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Oh mine is very similar! I had no idea I could lower the footrests. :-O I learn something new every day! I'm 6'-1" so sometimes I do feel like it's a tiny bit small... it's a great bike for running around town though, I love mine, it couldn't be more practical, and last fill up got me 73 mpg (which I think is like 3.2 l / 100 km), so I'm happy about that...
I've had a quick look at mine and it looks like I'll have to cut and weld the mounting bracket, no big deal, may have to re shape the brake lever a little.

·
Registered
3,257 Posts
Ok tall guys, get your google-fu warmed up and have a look for buell ulysses peg mod

·
Registered
505 Posts
Nice! So did repositioning them mess up with your braking and shifting gears? Or was it just a 'got used to it after an hour or two' kind of thing?

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I had to go down one spline on both brake and gear lever, feels good so far, I've found some 325mm shocks to try at the weekend, should lift the arse end a bit.

·
Registered
505 Posts
Honestly right now the thing that's bugging me is not the pegs position, but the key slot to unlock the seat, which is in a really awkward place behind the turning light and a pain to get the key in and turn it to unlock the seat, WTH Honda?

·
Registered
3,257 Posts
It may be awkward for removing the seat, but its also the helmet lock which makes the positioning make more sense.

·
Registered
505 Posts
I'm not sure what you mean (although to be fair I'm not sure I was very clear either :-D). The position of the turn light makes it hard to insert the key in the slot because the light housing is in the way, and even harder to turn it (same reason). To be honest I've never used the helmet lock. How do you use it? Does it work with the helmet strap? So you can attach the helmet to your motorcycle when you go into a store for example? I'd be scared someone would steal my helmet...

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I'll have a skeg at mine when I get home, I don't recall any problem when I removed the seat at the weekend.

·
Registered
3,257 Posts
That's a nice stance, has the weather permitted you to do any riding? The longer shocks and lower bars should result in some good handling changes. You may even want to experiment with tire pressure 1/2 psi at a time in search of a new sweet spot. Bleeding your brakes may be wise too if you ride like I do....

1 - 20 of 45 Posts