Honda Twins banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3,147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know for sure if the rear brake pedal for the CB and CL 350 of any given year are the same part? I always thought the CB and CL pedals were shaped differently due to the low pipes on the CB, but the parts diagram/lists posted at cmsnl.com show them having the same part number.

·
Registered
932 Posts
Nope all the same but usually bent, twisted, rusted, ground off and generally in the form of a pretzel.

The support piece for the foot pegs is different as is the center stand.

·
Registered
3,147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah, mine's bent and was looking to widen the search for a better one to include both the CL and CB pedals if they are the same. It's hard to tell from the eBay pics if they're bent or straight, though...haha

·
Premium Member
3,007 Posts
They can be straightened but it takes a strong vice and long lever to move them.

·
Premium Member
5,610 Posts
What I usually do is get the Honda part number of the part for your bike then cross-reference it to see what other models used this particular part number. I used to have a great page bookmarked for this but the site is no long available :(

·
Registered
3,147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I gave up on trying to straighten my bent one - it seems it was bent on a couple different planes and getting it right was about impossible just using a bench vise and a pipe for leverage. I ended up buying a later model one on eBay that was mostly straight (and fixed it pretty easily), and other than having an adjustable stop added, was the same as my early model pedal.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts