Honda Twins banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anybody know if it's possible to exchange the front wheel and drum brake assembly off of my cl450 with the wheel and disc brake unit from my cb450 parts bike? I'd rather have the disc brakes and the rim and tire are in much better shape than the cl's. Thanks in advance!

·
Sensei
27,183 Posts
It depends on which type of forks you have to determine if you can just swap wheels/brakes,... But the entire front ends will swap....

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Is it a huge process to swap the entire front ends as opposed to just swapping the wheels (if they're the same forks.) For instance will I need special tools and hoists etc... I will post pictures of my front forks in a few minutes and maybe you can tell me if the wheel swap is possible?

·
Sensei
27,183 Posts
Pix WILL help..... :D..... I'll need to see both left fork sliders (lower legs)...

·
Sensei
27,183 Posts
Considering the differences, the most expeditious way would be to put the CB front end on the CL (CB wheel, trees, forks, and all)...It's a bolt-on proposition....

·
Premium Member
1,003 Posts
66Sprint said:
Considering the differences, the most expeditious way would be to put the CB front end on the CL (CB wheel, trees, forks, and all)...It's a bolt-on proposition....
Bolt off first :lol: :lol: :lol:

·
Sensei
27,183 Posts
Rod....True....
Funk2eat.... If you need a play by play, email me..... Steve

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
cool thanks for the reply, ill let you know if i run into trouble

1 - 9 of 9 Posts