Honda Twins banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone. I've got a 1977 CB 750A that I'm trying to work on before I try selling it. I'm having trouble with the throttle not moving. I can't get the throttle body at the engine to more nor can I get the throttle handle to turn. Can anyone give me some advice here??? Thanks,,Jim

·
Registered
3,067 Posts
Throttle slides gummed up? Pull the tops off the carbs and spray some carb cleaner or acetone inside.

·
Registered
2,475 Posts
Do you have the cables hooked up backwards? Try removing the cables and see if you can move the throttle assembly.
TOOLS

·
Registered
3,256 Posts
Since it hasn't yet been said...
Generally we like to have new members introduce themselves with a blurb about who, where and what bike (s)
https://www.hondatwins.net/forums/23-member-introductions/121120-critical-read-before-posting.html
Before they jump in and ask for help.

Also while we're a friendly group and collectively know more than almost any single member, this is characteristically a forum for the two-cylinder Hondas.

You may be quite an expert rider and mechanic, we have no way of knowing, we only have the question you've asked. Personally I believe in Theory of Operation, if one understands how it works, one can find and correct the faults.

There are several things that could prevent your throttle from moving. Starting with the throttle sleeve turning freely on the bar, cables must not be frozen and attached in the correct order both push and pull, on both the throttle and carb linkage. Then you've got the linkage itself, and then you have four individual carburetors that also could be your sticky point.

Until you've been through the entire system, there may be issues soon to arise in any of these areas.
For a bike to be trustworthy and safe to ride, everything needs to function correctly as a rider would expect.

Good luck and welcome.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts