Honda Twins banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Unusual bike for the right person. Will start and run but still rough. I just went over everything to see if I could start it and it worked. Carbs will need fine tuning. but a great, always stored inside project the CB500 frame matched to a cb450 motor with CL scrambler pipes. Motor kicks over but it will need some work. After market sudco (Mikuni-style) carbs. Has battery now, and new points, condenors, pligs, plug wires on dyna coils. Reconstruction title in my name. Email me at [email protected] for pics. Bike is in Eugene OR. Can deliver for additional cash anywhere from Seattle to SF (though it could mean a lot of extra if you live in SF) or can help load it on your shipper for free. Asking $800 as is where is.

Attachments

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Upsated

Installed new plugs and points (it has Dyna coils BTW; I never got around to completing the igition upgrade) now starts on choke and idles for about a minute till it warms up then dies when the choke comes off. The carbs are set up and throttle working together ad the richness screws set a turn and a half out on each side. My current suspicion is that either the main jets need to be blown out but as I have just gotten to the point that I can work on the carbs thats next. It sounds great when its going! :eek:

·
Registered
19 Posts
Installed new plugs and points (it has Dyna coils BTW; I never got around to completing the igition upgrade) now starts on choke and idles for about a minute till it warms up then dies when the choke comes off. The carbs are set up and throttle working together ad the richness screws set a turn and a half out on each side. My current suspicion is that either the main jets need to be blown out but as I have just gotten to the point that I can work on the carbs thats next. It sounds great when its going! :eek:
If it dies when you take the choke off, most likely the pilot jets are plugged with varnish and the complete carb needs cleaned.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Full Disclosure here is my to do list on this bike:
Reset cam chain tension
recheck timing after cam chain retension
dial in carbs.
replace shift spring on right side (the one behind the clutch)
new front tube. It has a slow leak but the tires are good.
replace headlight.
fix turn signals

Price will go up as it gets street worthy

1 - 12 of 12 Posts