Honda Twins banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've searched topics (most of my inquiries are too general and are rejected) and cannot find anything on the idle jets.
I want to up my idle jet from #38 to-- 40? I just want to increase one size, maybe two at the most for the racer. The reason is, I want to get a good fat mix coming off closed throttle as when I get back on it exiting a corner. Plus, if I can get it rich enough, as I close the throttle braking for a turn, maybe I can get that big blue jet flame out the exhaust!! (COOL!). :shock:

Anyone got a source? or, an idea (drill size?)

Me thanks ye!

·
Registered
6,495 Posts
WOZERD said:
I've searched topics (most of my inquiries are too general and are rejected) and cannot find anything on the idle jets.
I want to up my idle jet from #38 to-- 40? I just want to increase one size, maybe two at the most for the racer. The reason is, I want to get a good fat mix coming off closed throttle as when I get back on it exiting a corner. Plus, if I can get it rich enough, as I close the throttle braking for a turn, maybe I can get that big blue jet flame out the exhaust!! (COOL!). :shock:

Anyone got a source? or, an idea (drill size?)

Me thanks ye!
I have no sources at all, never saw any 450 use anything other than a #38.

But if you want to experiment, the jet sizes are in millimeters.
For instance, a #110 would be 1.1 mm, a #75 would be 0.75 mm, a #40 would be 0.4 mm.

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
a .4mm drill? You mean a really fine sewing needle don't you??> Yow!!
Maybe I can borrow that hammer of yours and just fix it with that!
Thanks Bill!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts