Honda Twins banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Painted the frame today :D . Now the task of reassembly begins. I'm shooting for a Sept completion date. Hope that isn't too unrealistic. Did a Basecoat-Clearcoat with PPG urethane. I'll do the tank and seat at a later date as I have to mount and fit everything first.

Attachments

·
Registered
104 Posts
Great looking frame! I can't wait to see more!

·
Registered
45 Posts
i'm liking that red frame. I just replaced the clutch cable last night and started fantasizing about a rebuild and started picking colors. There's still a part of me that loves the 74 brown and gold though.

·
Registered
3,537 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
That is hot! Is that a glass tank? It looks really good with the tail piece. Keep it up!

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Yeah, it's from Omar's DTR. $7 bills for the seat and tank and it's first quality, hand laid with ethanol coating inside and has 2 petcocks installed.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Hey Berb

I'm looking at your bike and was curious about your tail light. I'm looking for something that will fit on the end of the seat or just under it like what you did. Any experience with all those LED tail-stoplights on eBay?

·
Registered
703 Posts
I'm rockin this stop light on mine. Bought on ebay for 15 bucks. Works good.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I've seen them on eBay. Is it a combo stop and tail light? How bright is it compared to a stock tail light? As I am building the bike to sell as either a trailer queen or rider, I am not as concerned about some of the accessories being DOT approved as the new owner can make whatever changes they want.

·
Registered
703 Posts
It's a combo and it's plenty bright enough.

·
Registered
104 Posts
I took the inside stock chrome piece out of my old tail light. Then I took a round lens off of an old trailer I had. I cut it in half and used it as my tail light. I cut the chrome piece, with the bulb mount to fit inside of my tail. I epoxied a black piece of plastic to the lens to seal up the hole I had in on the bottom of the lens. Kind of hard to explain. I hope that makes since.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Funny, I suspected that when I was looking at some trailer lights the other day. Nice job! I opted for a cateye LED unit I ordered on eBay. Will have to make a slight modification of the tailpiece to get it to fit but I think it's doable.

·
Registered
104 Posts
That's a good choise. You should life the results. It should be briter than what I did. I like the way mine looks but I always wonder about visablity in trafic.

·
Premium Member
1,612 Posts
Just caught this thread and I love where you're going..... :D

I noticed you chopped the forward section of your front fender but not the rear, sensible but not strictly cafe ;) really looking forward to whats install for us :cool:

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Here's a close up of the front end. I bobbed the fender because it was tweaked a bit and I'm just going with what feels good. It's a plan as you go project. I'm having a blast with it.

Attachments

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Thanks. Reason I left the rear section is that the fender/fork brace is integral and I wouldn't want to experience a death wobble doing the ton!

Here's some pix of the seat modification I did to mount the new tail light. Paint next week!

Attachments

1 - 20 of 26 Posts