Honda Twins banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Painted the frame today :D . Now the task of reassembly begins. I'm shooting for a Sept completion date. Hope that isn't too unrealistic. Did a Basecoat-Clearcoat with PPG urethane. I'll do the tank and seat at a later date as I have to mount and fit everything first.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,538 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Hey Berb

I'm looking at your bike and was curious about your tail light. I'm looking for something that will fit on the end of the seat or just under it like what you did. Any experience with all those LED tail-stoplights on eBay?

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I've seen them on eBay. Is it a combo stop and tail light? How bright is it compared to a stock tail light? As I am building the bike to sell as either a trailer queen or rider, I am not as concerned about some of the accessories being DOT approved as the new owner can make whatever changes they want.

·
Registered
104 Posts
I took the inside stock chrome piece out of my old tail light. Then I took a round lens off of an old trailer I had. I cut it in half and used it as my tail light. I cut the chrome piece, with the bulb mount to fit inside of my tail. I epoxied a black piece of plastic to the lens to seal up the hole I had in on the bottom of the lens. Kind of hard to explain. I hope that makes since.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Funny, I suspected that when I was looking at some trailer lights the other day. Nice job! I opted for a cateye LED unit I ordered on eBay. Will have to make a slight modification of the tailpiece to get it to fit but I think it's doable.

·
Registered
104 Posts
That's a good choise. You should life the results. It should be briter than what I did. I like the way mine looks but I always wonder about visablity in trafic.

·
Premium Member
1,588 Posts
Just caught this thread and I love where you're going..... :D

I noticed you chopped the forward section of your front fender but not the rear, sensible but not strictly cafe ;) really looking forward to whats install for us :cool:

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.