Honda Twins banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
cb400-84
Got a question about the balancepipe?(dont know if it`s the right word...Dum swede :roll: )any way the pipe that links the to exhaust pipes together.How does it affect the running if you take it away an go straigt to the mufflers?

·
Sensei
27,180 Posts
On the 400, the chamber underneath the engine is actually the muffler, and was integral in its scavenging and performance design... The things that look like mufflers are more like resonators (to change the outputted sound)... It is a complete system... Any changes will require some adaptation to the carbs, airbox, etc.....Not to say it hasn't been done...(and would have to look better....)

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank`s for straighten me out a little!Im also going to use Emgo cone airfilters and thinking of changeing to diffrent mufflers,I know i probably have to rejett,but should i keep the chamber?Dont want to suffer performance or it to sound to much.I havent ridden the bike so much since i got it last summer but it semed to put out cooler smoke in the right pipe but ran good?cant test it now cause it`s half a metre snow here!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts