Honda Twins banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We have a CB360 that has good compression 150 PSI cold in both cylinders, no smoke comes out of exhaust pipes, it has had full tune up, cark kits, carb rebuilds, new plugs, plus wires, plug ends, coils, points, condenser, timing, cam adjust, valve adjust, timing, fresh fuel, new fuel lines and petcock, plugs look light brown so it's not running too rich, starts up in a few kicks, warms up quick, idles and runs good for about 5 minutes, then starts to miss and dies, smoke that smells like oil that dripped on a hot exhaust pipe comes out of the pod air cleaners and sometimes out of the breather tube on top of the valve cover, it seems like it get too hot.

I can't figure out what the problem is, I have put several hundred into this bike and still can't ride it, I have done everything I know how to, but no success, does anyone know what the problem is and how to fix it?

Thank you,
Tom

·
Sensei
27,171 Posts
Smell the dipstick to verify you do not have fuel thinned oil...
150 PSI is closer to the MINIMUM desirable spec for compression, it should be closer to 170, and 15 PSI is the variance allowed.....

Those being said, I believe the problem will be better solved over the phone as I can no longer sit and type for too long....540-525-5199....Steve

Reactions: J-T

·
Registered
2,475 Posts
I am thinking vacuum leak. As the engine warms up, so does the intake boots and vacuum leaks appear.
TOOLS

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The rubber intake boots or manifolds were old and leaking, we could tell by the spray test, I replaced them with new factory ones so they are not the problem.
Steve, thanks for the phone number, I will call you today
Tom

1 - 4 of 4 Posts