Honda Twins banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just installed a new Rick’s Motorsports reg/rec on the cb 360 project. Something doesn’t seem right to me. From the main harness I removed the 4 gang connector, took the neutral wire (light green/red) and put it back in the connector along with the 3 white male wires from the reg/rec. so now those 4 wires connect to the stator.

The question: it seems odd that the yellow, pink, and yellow/white that were originally in the connector from the main harnessshould just be connected to nothing and even more odd that the original 4 gang connector for the old reg/rec would also be connected to nothing...can anyone valid if what I’ve done is correct?? One picture is the new reg/rec going to the stator. The other is the empty connector where the old reg/rec was. Thanks

Attachments

·
Sensei
27,171 Posts
Maybe you better phone...pix won't enlarge and can't exactly see what connections you have made (Can't see wire colors on both sides of the plugs), and can't read the directions (too small)......540-525-5199....call anytime.....

Looks ok to me IF the white wires each connect to one of the pink, yellow, and white/yellow wires coming up from the stator, and green/red stripe goes to green/red stripe coming up in the same loom.....

The original HARNESS-side Pink, Yellow, and white/yellow wires are and will remain unused....Tape them up.....old rectifier plug connector half is also not used...... remove the old rectifier and regulator ...Red Rick's wire ultimately must go to B+...AND somehow it must have a ground (or B-) connection...Can't read the directions, so can't tell you how to achieve that ground....Might be a wire, might be case grounded...I don't know....YET.....Where do the directions say the black/blue tracer wire goes?

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks! Yep I can call around 1200 central time. Can I send a picture to you via text or email? Maybe you can enlarge it from there...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts