Honda Twins banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
336 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i just rebuilt my carb butt the throttle side of my carb, the one thats supost to spring back when you open the throttle is not springing back the throttle plates to close the carb.
it wasen't like this before butt know that i have it all together its not working,i didnt mes with the spring so i don't know what could be causing this to happen any help would be appreciated.
THANKS

·
Premium Member
2,386 Posts
Did you pull the throttle plates off the shaft?

·
Sensei
27,183 Posts
IF the throttle plate is incorrectly situated in the bore, it can "hang-up", but this situation usually is improperly adjusted cables.........Not knowing what all you've done to the carbs, it's hard to diagnose beyond generalities.......

·
Registered
336 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well yes I had to replace my throttle shaft and the plate to one side butt I made shure I putt it back just the way I took it off.I then conected the carbs to that little metal bar that conects them. The problem started when I was messing with the choke side of the carb I was bending that little flimzy piece of metal that conects them ,due to when I putt my chocke down one of my plates wasent completly shut so I started squezing that metal closer together to make them both close evenly . I fixed that problem. Butt when gave the other side a test runn on the spring side it wouldt spring back it had a delay affect I would close back slowly

·
Sensei
27,183 Posts
Just because the parts are back in the proper locations does NOT mean they are adjusted or installed correctly.....You should not have required any "bending" to reassemble the carbs....I suspect the throttle plate/shaft is in a smidge crooked and binding....

·
Registered
336 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
ok figured out what is causing the issue . the aluminum bracket that connects the carbs together(the one with the four screws) when i screw them together it causes the throttle plates to not spring back

·
Sensei
27,183 Posts
It's all about alignment VS binding....LOL.....

·
Registered
336 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
got it . :oops:
ok do you know how to remove the tachometer from the engine i know theres a screw im thinking i need to get it off but mine is stripedt any hints

·
Sensei
27,183 Posts
You need to be more specific...... Do you want to remove the tach (The meter on the top tree), the tach drive (part of the engine/camshaft), or the tach cable?

·
Sensei
27,183 Posts
An impact driver is the easiest way to get those 4 Phillips screws out..... You are removing the journal (bearing) for the camshaft, and the rocker arm (tappet) shafts as well, so first, rotate the cam to where no tappet pressure is on any valve and remove the camchain tensioner from the back of the engine ......

1 - 11 of 11 Posts