Honda Twins banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The original shift lever and linkage for my K3 project is bent, rusted and sloppy. Should I try to refurbish it or switch to a shorter, direct lever (Emgo part number: 83-88000)? Has anyone tried the Emgo direct lever? How do you like it?

·
Registered
2,510 Posts
I've not previously had issues with the linkage but I've heard other have.
I haven't tried emgo levers but have used the non linkage levers without issue

·
Registered
6,495 Posts
Those linkages give lots of people trouble.
Use a one-piece, you'll have no issues - just make sure it's long enough to be comfortable with your big feets.........

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I have the bike running now and have the original linkage lever on it. It works OK but is much too close to the foot peg to use comfortably. Can someone recommend a lever would give another 2 inches or so of room?

·
Registered
3,135 Posts
I recently switched from a one-piece lever (a stock Honda lever from some other model) to the stock linkage and like it better. The peg is in a better position and it shifts easier. I'm guessing the extra leverage from the stock setup helps a bit, and the one-piece lever was a little too long for my foot.

·
Registered
756 Posts
A CB350F stock shift lever works perfectly.

·
Registered
75 Posts
I was just about to post this same question...

The linkage shifter on my '71 CB350 is worn to the point that the hole in the piece that mounts to the shift shaft, and the hole in the lever arm are ovaled enough that the shifter doesn't shift, it just slops back and forth in the oval holes.

I went to the hardware store this morning, and found a couple of new clevis pins that are a size larger than the old ones. I'm going to try and drill the holes out to fit the new pins and see if it works. If not, I'll go with the one piece shifter.

Pete

·
Registered
866 Posts
My linkage was working but I didn't like the shift so I went with a 10 dollar direct one and its been great.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts