Honda Twins banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello...first post here, but the information stored in this place has been a great help to me for quite some time. I bought my first bikes (71 CB350 and 72 CL350) about two years ago. The CL is running fine, and I've been rebuilding the CB - eventually they will switch places. But I've come across a bit of a hangup that hopefully someone here can help me get over.

I began reassembling the CB engine, and gosh darn it, I seem to have lost a washer from the oil filter assembly, nor can I even remember taking it out. Specifically, the item labeled #14 in the following diagram: http://www.bikebandit.com/houseofmotorcycles/showschematic/m9136sch393943

According to the shop manual, it is an "oil filter rotor lock washer," but it appears to be an ordinary washer according to the pics. Is there anything special about this piece, or can I simply use an ordinary washer that fits? If it does have a special feature, might I be able to fabricate it myself (cut out a tab, etc)?

Also in the manual, a tab on item #13 - the "16mm lock washer" - appears to be bent into a grove on the lock nut (#11), locking it in place. However it was not like that when I disassembled the filter. Should I bend a tab down so it fits into the lock nut?

Thanks for any help!

·
Sensei
27,183 Posts
#14 is a domed washer that is necessary.... I'll see if I have a spare one for you....
The tab bends UP (out) after you tighten the "special" slotted locknut......

·
Registered
785 Posts
The tabbed lock washer is also the same part used in the clutch of my 1983 CB1100F engine.
WASHER (16MM)
90431-292-000

They are cheap because they are only supposed to be used once.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the clarification! I was able to get a new one of those tabbed lock washers, but have yet to locate this domed washer. If anyone does have a spare one somewhere, I wouldn't mind parting with a few bucks to acquire it from ya.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts