Honda Twins banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone,
I'm beginning work on a 69 CB350 and I'm having some electrics issues. The previous owner has fitted what i think is a 1.5 ohm dynatek coil (the red one), but it doesn't seem to be working as I'm getting no spark out of either plug. I just wanted to know how to go about testing it, so I don't replace an expensive part that might be functional.
Additionally, I was looking at new coils and even the two post dynas seem to always be sold in pairs. Is that for four cylinder engines?

·
Registered
189 Posts
Some twins require a coil for each cylinder. There is a discussion(s) on this forum about coil testing. Even a diagram of how to go about it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
2,998 Posts
350 Twins use (2) Separate 3-5 Ohm Coils. There are a variety of replacements available as aftermarket but NOS are very hard to find.

Testing your coils is fairly easy.

First when you say you have NO SPARK How did you test that?

Start with an explanation of HOW you tested for Spark.

Add Some Pic's of the Coil Setup.

Make sure you have tested for POWER at the Coil Inputs as well as the Points. Then come back and let us know what you've got.
(Easy to do with a multi-meter or simple 12 volt Test Light which you will eventually require in order to do a Static Timing of the ignition later)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts