Honda Twins banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Damn, I’m now jealous of people who live in Chattanooga. I’d want to spend the rest of my Summer turning that into a $3,000 bike.

·
Premium Member
2,838 Posts
$900 for a non runner with the engine locked up?

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The price does seem out of line, which is why I posted it. What would it need to be worth $3000? I'm not sure it could be worth that regardless of how much $$ was thrown at it.

·
Registered
102 Posts
If he’s posting $900 on Craigslist, you could offer $700-750 without it being considered an insulting lowball offer. He may accept $750-800.

Have you been tracking the Chattanooga motorcycle page for awhile? Is this a new ad/bike? Has it been reposted several times? If so, has the price moved with any of the reposting?

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I look at CL/Chatt at least once a day and don't recall seeing this one listed before, but then again, I'm not looking for another HT. I'd be reluctant to offer any more than $500 based on what I see in the photos, and I'd buy it to get it running and flip it. That said, I'm not sure I'm a good judge of it's true value. I wonder just how many of these Twins are still out there in this condition- what looks to be mostly original and unmolested. I'm looking for a GL 1000 project...

·
Premium Member
2,838 Posts
I also would be in for $500 and I'm a keeper not a flipper. Too many unknowns to risk more money.

Reactions: Rob Axel
1 - 7 of 7 Posts