Honda Twins banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

I spent the morning fitting new engine downpipes and silencers to my CB175. I bought all the parts from David Silvers and everything fitted together, however all is not right.
I first noticed that the downpipe only fitted into the silencer by an inch or so,and then realised that the silencers are too far back, ie, the cutouts are two inches behind the shock absorbers instead of underneath them.The silencer mounting bolts fit perfectly onto the hanging brackets on the bike, and the hanging brackets are the originals being welded on the frame.I thought I was doing the right thing by going to DS, so am a bit disappointed. All I can think of is to make up some other type of bracket, so I can move everything forward a couple of inches.
Any suggestions most welcome.

Thankyou, 20171229_153641.jpg Grazman

·
Premium Member
3,003 Posts
If you are using the Silvers down pipes you'll need to shorten them by a few inches, as the DS silencers are longer than the OEM parts, extra length at the joint between silencer and downpipe. Compare these photos, noting relative positions of joint between silencer and down pipe.

Gold bike has stock down pipes and silencers, red bike has David Silvers pattern down pipes and silencers.

cb175-72.jpg

DSCF2774.jpg

The original down pipes also need to be shortened, if used with the DS silencers, as below:

20171101_145753.jpg

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Richard,

Many thanks for your help and the photos ,you have answered all my questions.I will make sure that I measure very carefully before cutting as it is quite expensive having parts sent halfway around the world!

·
Premium Member
3,003 Posts
No problem, pleased to help.

Good point about careful measuring - I carelessly wrote ' a few inches ', don't take that literally, it's probably a bit less than that !

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
All is good and fits ok, actually took about 1¼" off. The kickstart just fouls the pipe, but not to worry I never use it anyway.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts