Honda Twins banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
589 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Gents

I'm trying to tidy up/finish off some of the little details on my K6 - including things like the caution stickers. I've got some of them - the exhaust warning, the tyre guide notes on the rear mudguard, the helmet holder label and the 'preserve nature' tank decal.

Before I go plastering them about the place, I was wondering if any of you folks have pictures of the locations they would have been stuck in by the factory? Also, although I've got the tyre guide decal, the glue has long since lost its tack - any suggestions as to the best way to stick it to the rear mudguard (bearing in mind it's quite a stiff metallic plate rather than a piece of silver foil)?

Finally, I think there's a battery warning sticker that goes under the seat, but I don't recall ever having seen one (and they're no longer available). Any photos or ideas as to where to find one would be really helpful.

Thanks in advance

Neil

·
Sensei
27,180 Posts
Neil... I think the tire size guide went on the chainguard, but it's been a LONG time....ALL those stickers were the first things we peeled off our new bikes...... :eek:

·
Registered
24 Posts
Niel, I think this is the battery sticker that you are referring to, it is under the seat beside the rear wiring holder.

When I replaced the rear guard I was able to peal the sticker of the old guard and it was still nice and soft and stuck straight to the new guard :eek:
The exhaust sticker attaches to the l/h side of the swing arm and the helmet stickers are placed beside the holders. As for your tyre placard I would apply a suitable glue and then cover with a slightly larger piece of clear 3M skin.

Hope this helps

·
Registered
589 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks Dingo - that battery sticker is just what I was looking for.

Looks like I've gotten the placement of the exhaust sticker wrong - I went for the RHS of the swingarm 'cos I think that's where it goes on the 750's (and I kinda assumed they'd be in the same place). Frankly, it's not a concourse rebuild, so as long as it's in the right area - well, the back rather than the front - I'm not gonna get too hung up about it. And hey, on the right side it's away from the chain.

The tyre pressure sticker is still foxing me a little. I've got two of them - the hard metal foil types - and they're not exactly hugely pliable. I guess I'll need to do some glue research . . .

Thanks again.

·
Registered
52 Posts
This is where the helmet holder stickers are on my k5. Not sure if it's the original location, after all I've only owned the bike 1 of the 38 years of its life...

Attachments

·
Registered
589 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks J

Seen the top one before (on mine - hooray!), but I've not seen the bottom one. In fact, I'd never even noticed that hook on the frame and just had to go and have a look see if mine was the same.

Wow!! How did I not see that there? Cool. I think I have a spare helmet sticker kicking around somewhere.

That's great.

Neil

·
Registered
52 Posts
tbpmusic said:
Is that a Hooker exhaust in the photo ???
Yes it is! It's quite nice although it's got about 4 small holes in it. Some day I'll get around to permanently patching them. Right now it's hose clamps and roll flashing :lol: it works.... kinda.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts