Honda Twins banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello everyone,

I am from California and I have just started my first project resurrecting a dirtbike that belonged to my grandpa. The engine in the bike is a CB175 and the other components including the frame and exhaust are a custom mashup. My grandpa and his dad (****** Tompkins) and uncle (Shorty Tompkins) spent most of their time together building and working on bikes like this one. I am only now beginning to understand the history and knowledge that passed with them.

The attached pictures are a then and now of the bike to give a better idea of what I am working with. I am looking forward to sharing my experiences and learning from others in this network.

·
Registered
13,085 Posts
Welcome, and what a great introduction and story of your family's motorcycle history. What a wonderful bike to have passed down to you... thanks for the proper introduction with pictures - great stuff. You've come to the right place for your vintage Honda twin, plenty of knowledge and advice here when you need it. Good to have you, looking forward to following along as you work on it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts