Honda Twins banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Gooday all,

has anyone used the carburettor replacement kits from 4into1 ?. they seem very complete and a good price.

Thanks Graham

·
Registered
13,085 Posts
I've not personally, but I believe others here have. I've not bought anything from 4into1.com that was bad except Vesrah brake shoes, otherwise all has been great. As with any carb kit, be cautious about using any included jets - probably best to clean and re-use the stock jets to be safe, as aftermarket kits from anywhere often have improper sized jets in them

·
Premium Member
544 Posts
A lot of people say great things about 4into1. I use them, but not my first pick for parts.

I have used their aftermarket float needle assembly's often. About every other one was bad. Even at that, the price was less than OEM.

I bought 2 sets of complete carb kits, the float bowl gaskets were cut poorly on one set, didnt seat.

As ancient said, use the jets that came with your carbs.

I bought a headlight ring, it fit poorly. Bought front brake pads, had to modify them to work. Fork boots, wore out in a year. Back brake pads were good. Rubber kicker and shift fit well. I dunno, bought a lot of parts from them. They have been hit or miss for me.

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
Bought most of my kits over the years from sirius dont know if their prices and shipping more or less but Ive never had any problems with them.

Bill

·
Registered
13,085 Posts
I guess it's the luck of the draw. I've probably spent $400 to $500 (or more, probably) on stuff from them, from cables to OEM fuel line and clamps to other various OEM parts like tank mount rubbers, shock mount rubbers, shock mount washers and acorn nuts, front brake light switch, OEM replica grips, fork caps, OEM taillight mount bolts, grommets and washers, wire harness covers, complete gasket sets (Vesrah and NE), OEM DOHC 450 cam chain stake-style master links, aftermarket mirrors, 450 OEM valve stem seals, 450 oil seal sets, OEM brake rod, barrel and adjusting nut, rear shock lower bushings for the swingarm, fuel filters, aftermarket 12v horn, EBC clutch plates, OEM carb clamps (to look original), OEM battery strap, Emgo shocks, OEM fork seals and handlebar dampers, replica Honda service labels and warning sticker set, OEM tach cable, CB400F replica bars... and only the Vesrah brake shoes sucked (badly) and the Emgo satin black headlight ears were scuffed up in the box, and they happily exchanged them for polished ears - so for me, it's been a great place to buy a ton of stuff at comparable prices in virtually every situation

·
Registered
1,364 Posts
Rebuilt 2 sets of 70s CB 450 carbs along with a 65 S-90 carb. Yes, I used the jets.. no issues. I will say the idle jet will get clogged REAL EASY.. I have a feeling people may have issues with this one after rebuilds because they don't change or flush the lines... old line breaks down and new line can have small traces of dirt... that idle jet has SMALL orifaces.
I will agree with using the "origional" jets.... but here we have another issue. Unless you know the bikes history (owners), and the fact it hasn't been messed with.... the jets in the carbs of the bike you buy MAY NOT BE ORIGIONAL...
so if you purchased a bike, unknown history, never had it running "well" and you believe the issue is the carbs.. change the jets.. 4 into 1 kits seem to be a step above...

·
Premium Member
3,006 Posts
I have used carb parts from 4-in-1.

BUT my question for you would be WHAT are you looking for.
The Basic Re-Build Kits are still available from Honda as OEM Parts.
They include all the O-Rings and Float Needel/Seats that are required.

99.9 % of the time when re-building (actually CLEANING) a Carb all that is required are the rubber parts, O-Rings etc.

The Jets, Idle Mixture Needle Screws, and other brass parts do not wear out and unless they have been abused by a previous owner.
They should simply be cleaned and put back.

Most Aftermarket Kit Suppliers are not good at getting their spec's correct when making replacement parts.
There have been lots of reports of incorrectly sized jets etc from after market suppliers.

4-in-1 is simply RE-SELLING a kit made by someone else. They did not Mfg it.
It was most likley sourced from some supplier who had the parts made in China.
With that said I have used their FULL Parts kit on a set of 350 - 722a Carbs where the internal brass parts looked like a beaver had been chewing on them.
And the rsults were a perfrectly good working set of carbs. SO...

Reactions: Rob Axel
1 - 7 of 7 Posts