Honda Twins banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been trying to figure out constant high rev when I start my cb360. When it starts and I give it a little pull on the throttle the rpms jump to the moon and do not back down. I have ruled out an external air leak. the carbs are not flooding and the throttle bodies are opening in sync and not sticking. the float levels are set to spec and all passages are clear.
there are no leaks in the floats or float valves. the timing is set right also.

when i had the carbs off the last time i noticed that the throttle slides do not rest on the bottom of the carb opening and that there is quite a bit of space between the bottom of the slide and the floor of the opening.

my question is- is the slide supposed to go all the way down and close off the opening and if it is supposed to and it is not
would that cause too much air into the cylinder causing high rpms?

another stupid question about what kind of carbs these are- they are the type that do not use a cable to raise the slide.
are these called CV carbs?

·
Registered
175 Posts
The slides don't shut off the venturi completely, but they do go almost to the bottom. If you lift one with your finger and let it go, it should slide down smoothly and it will probably bottom with a slight "tic" sound. Your motor shouldn't be able to get enough air - if there aren't any leaks - to rev that high with the throttles shut regardless of the slide position. I'm assuming that you have the diaphragm-controlled CV carbs - I've never dealt with a diaphragm air leak, but I know that happens. That would permit air to enter the carb throat.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks. yeah, i see that they don't shut off totally. one of the diaphragms is a little frayed on the edge. no holes in it but I think i will replace it anyway.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts