Honda Twins banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Cb175
Can I tap the manifolds with a fitting so I can sync carbs with gauges? Or is this an overkill? If so what parts should I get?
Thanks
LGR

·
Sensei
27,163 Posts
Of course you can.....You'll need to thread to match your gauge's adapter tubes, and get screws and sealing washers for when not in use......

You will need to be precise, there's not a lot of "meat" where you will have to drill.....

Unnecessary IMHO......

·
Registered
1,479 Posts
I use vac gauges on bikes that are set up for them.On other bikes Ive had good luck using 1/16 drill bits under the throttle plates setting them to touch at the same time.

Bill

·
Premium Member
2,956 Posts
The CB200 inlet manifolds come with vacuum take off as a standard, and will fit the 175 engine. They are some 5mm shorter than the 175 parts.

I drilled and tapped a pair of 175 manifolds, as shown in pics below. ( note the badly routed clutch cable :( ) To get a decent depth of hole to tap, I drilled diagonally at the thickest part of the flange, taking great care not to break through into the O ring groove.

Is it worth it ? Probably not, I tried balancing the carbs once using my Morgan Carbtune gauge, haven't bothered since, as I think that so long as both throttle slides open at the same time that's probably all that needs to done. Not like a 4 cylinder bike with CV carbs. I suppose you could tweak the air screws to get it pulling the same vacuum on both cylinders ?

DSCF2116.jpg DSCF2117.jpg DSCF2118.jpg

DSCF2121.jpg DSCF2123.jpg DSCF2126.jpg

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks Guys. I think about it. Thanks for the pics that helps. Not sure I want to chance it.
Later
LGR

1 - 5 of 5 Posts