Honda Twins banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So i finally got everything back together but it wont start now and its leaking fuel from the overflow. Im assuming it has to be float bowl height? Im gonna take the carb off check the float height and re sync. Any suggestions?

·
Registered
357 Posts
So i finally got everything back together but it wont start now and its leaking fuel from the overflow. Im assuming it has to be float bowl height? Im gonna take the carb off check the float height and re sync. Any suggestions?
Float upside down? Been done before on certain carbs. Floats usually sit level when needle is closed

Sent from my SM-J320V using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
10,203 Posts
Remove the plugs and dry them. Spin the engine with the starter with the plugs out for about 5 seconds to clear excess fuel from the cylinders.

Check your oil for fuel contamination. If it has any fuel smell change the oil and filter.

Although your question is pretty generic it would be helpful if you told us what model bike we're talking about.

·
Registered
500 Posts
What kind of bike are we talking about and who rebuilt the carbs? Have been through that as well, but need more info.

Local shop did my carbs and they were still all plugged up (very bad job), had to do a complete rebuild myself with ultrasonic cleaner. The internal holes and passages might still be plugged.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.