Honda Twins banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm planning on rebuilding my carbs in the next week or so. The local honda shop can get K & L rebuild kits. Has anyone had any experience with these kits? Are there any better choices that I should be aware of? Thanks in advance.

·
Premium Member
49 Posts
Hi. New here. I recently rebuilt the carbs on my CB175. The only I advise I can give is don't get the Keyster rebuild kits that pop up on ebay regularly. The deal I found on ebay ended up being 2 kits for the price of one K&L kit. So, it looked like a great deal to me. Many of the parts included in their kits are the wrong size. And, they leave out a few gaskets. I ended up picking through the kits, using what I could and cleaning up the old parts that weren't replaced with the rebuild kit.

That's my $.02. Hope it helps.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the advice. I have the K&L's on order. Hopefully they'll work out. I'll post the results when I get them.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi all, I ve just bought Keyster's carb rebuilding kit. I should have check this forum. My CB175 K0 is having a very bad heart. hope my kit helps, but really the review written here i m very disappointed already, i m still waiting for the parts to arrive.

·
Premium Member
671 Posts
specbebop said:
Hi. New here. I recently rebuilt the carbs on my CB175. The only I advise I can give is don't get the Keyster rebuild kits that pop up on ebay regularly. The deal I found on ebay ended up being 2 kits for the price of one K&L kit. So, it looked like a great deal to me. Many of the parts included in their kits are the wrong size. And, they leave out a few gaskets. I ended up picking through the kits, using what I could and cleaning up the old parts that weren't replaced with the rebuild kit.

That's my $.02. Hope it helps.
are you sure it was for the correct year? i think the 72's and maybe 73's have a seperate kit than the other years on the 175's.

you cant just order a 175 kit

·
Registered
2 Posts
I used the K&L rebuild kits on my 71 CB350. The only problem I had was the fuel bowl gaskets. They were way to big. I cut the "O" rings to fit my bowls and used rubber gasket (non hardening)sealer and so far no fuel leaks.

·
Registered
148 Posts
it's not uncommon that you can still get internal carb parts (jets, needles, floats, gaskets, etc.) from a honda motorcycle shop. i rebuilt carbs on a 1976 cb200t with all honda jets, floats, etc. it's a bit more expensive to buy the parts individually (rather than as a kit), but you get the satisfaction of knowing they were made for your particular model and that they're NOS parts.

here's a place i order from quite a bit: http://www.xtremeusa.com/fiche_select1. ... &mfg=Honda

there are many others. if you google the part number of the part you're looking for, you'll get a bunch of hits of places where you can order from. just an FYI if you're not sold on keyster and others.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts